Eléonore Pironneau holds a Fine Arts Masters from l'ENSAD Paris. She has been living in London for 22 years, working as a visual artist as well as a part time free lance graphic designer and lecturer.
• 2018-2020 Art critic and visual semiotics / IEJ London
I teach a series of classes to Journalism BA and MA students consisting in a brief introduction to history of art followed by a course on artwork analysis. The course includes a visit and study on site at Tate Modern and Tate Britain as well as written art critic assignments.
• 2017-2020 Creativity in Business / INSEEC London Campus
This course for Business BA Students consists in an introduction to visual communication followed by a creative approach to their start-up project. They are introduced to advertisment and logo analysis, corporate identity and how to work with graphic designers. The students are taken to Tate Modern with a tutorial asking them to draw correspondances between chosen artworks and their own business projects to develop their skills into visual expression of concepts.
• 2017-2020 Semiotic analysis of communication visuals / ECS-IEJ London
A series of classes for BA and MA Communication students.
• 2016 A painting, a pint and a pie / Open Ealing
Lectures followed by a discussion with a non specialised audience where I would analyse one work of art per session.
• 2015 Art and Humanities in Midwifery Pratice / King's College London
Students were studying the impact of art, literature and popular media on midwifery practice including the ways in which the arts and humanities can facilitate the social, cultural and political context of maternity care. I provided a course in creative skills and image analysis based on my own work to help them in their final assessment.
• 2014-2020 Lecture d'une œuvre / L'ECHO Magazine
Articles published in every issue of l'ECHO Magazine, a french magazine published in London.
I choose a work of art in a current exhibition, and guide the reader into an interpretation of the artwork. (The articles are in french, although some articles have been translated in english – See the section "Writing" on this website for a selection of articles)
• 1999-2002 Introduction to QuarkXPress, Photoshop and Illustrator + introduction to design
Adult education at North London College and advanced training for employees of a Prepress Bureau
• 1995-98 Esthétique de la communication / Le Celsa-Paris Sorbonne
I taugh MA adult students a class about visual semiotics, drawing relationships between the structure of art and advertising images, marketing language and poetic texts, using this cross disciplinary approach in my lectures and creative exercises.
• 1994-95 Lecture de l'image / Sub de Pub Paris
• 1993 Goethe Institute / Art theory
I taught the colour theory class within a course about the Bauhaus.