Eléonore Pironneau holds a FINE ART Masters from l'ENSAD Paris. In the last 20 years she has been living and working in London, as a visual artist as well as a part time free lance graphic designer and lecturer.
• 2018 Art critic and visual semiotics / IEJ London
I taught a series of classes to Journalism MA students consisting in a brief introduction to history of art from Courbet to nowadays Contemporary Art insisting on the origin of conceptual art, followed by an introduction to visual semiotics applied to works of art, including visits and students presentations in situ at the Tate Modern.
• 2017-2019 Creativity in Business and advertisment analysis / INSEEC London Campus
This course for Business BA Students consists in an introduction to visual language and image analysis, followed by a creative approach to their start-up project. The students are taken to Tate Modern with a tutorial and asked to draw correspondances between artworks and their own business project to inspire the qualities and values of their vision. They are introduced to visual communication, advertisment and logo analysis, and corporate identity, to equip them with visual tools for their future career.
• 2017-2018 Semiotic analysis of communication visuals / ECS-IEJ London
A series of classes for BA and MA Communication students.
• 2016 A painting, a pint and a pie / Open Ealing
Lectures followed by a discussion with a non specialised audience where I would analyse one work of art per session.
• 2015 Art and Humanities in Midwifery Pratice / King's College London
Students were studying the impact of art, literature and popular media on midwifery practice including the ways in which the arts and humanities can facilitate the social, cultural and political context of maternity care. I provided a course of creative skills and image analysis based on my own work to help them in their final assessment.
• 2014-2019 Lecture d'une œuvre / L'ECHO Magazine
Articles published in every issue of l'ECHO Magazine, a french magazine published in London.
I choose a work of art in a current exhibition, and guide the reader into an interpretation of the artwork. (The articles are in french, although some articles have been translated in english –See the section "Writing" on this website for examples)
• 1999-2002 Introduction to QuarkXPress, Photoshop and Illustrator + introduction to design
Adult education, North London and advanced training for employees of a Prepress Bureau
• 1995-98 Esthétique de la communication / Le Celsa-Paris Sorbonne
I was teaching MA adult students a class about visual semiotics based of the analysis of art and advertising images, including the study of the relationship between linguistic and visual messages, through lectures and creative exercises.
• 1994-95 Lecture de l'image / Sub de Pub Paris
• 1993 Goethe Institute / Art theory
I taught alongside another lecturer the art theory part of a course about the Bauhaus.